eContouring for Prostate Cancer
We will start with a brief review of anatomy in CT and MRI followed by a brief discussion of how to deliver a boost based on the FLAME trial. Then we will follow with a review of the postoperative contouring guidelines and the update to the pelvic lymph nodes contouring guidelines. We will then finish reviewing contours for previously assigned cases.
This program is designed to meet the interest of radiation oncologists and radiation oncology residents.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Apply changes in the contouring of pelvic lymph nodes based on the most recent contouring guidelines.
- Contour volumes for patients undergoing radiation therapy in the postoperative setting.
- Implement the use of MRI for contouring of volumes in patients with intact prostate cancer.
Alexandra Diaz, MD, is employed by The Ohio State University and has no financial relationships with a commercial interest.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Annual Refresher Course Planning Committee had control over the content of this activity.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.