Central Nervous System
This refresher course lecture on adult central nervous system tumors will provide a framework for understanding the classification of brain tumors including molecular diagnostics for gliomas. Using that framework, we will review literature with an emphasis on new publications on treatment options for patients with adult central nervous system tumors. Topics to be covered include gliomas, brain metasases and benign brain tumors.
The meeting is designed to meet the interests of practicing radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents, medical and clinical physicists, nurses and all other health professionals involved in the field of radiation oncology.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Recognize when RT is appropriate for meningioma, and understand the pathologic and radiographic features to determine the CTV, and what the likely toxicity profile is.
- Weigh the risks and benefits are for PCI and therapy for metastatic small cell lung cancer to the brain.
- Describe and apply the evidence for SRS to intact and resected brain metastases.
Stephanie Weiss, MD, FASTRO is employed by Fox Chase Cancer Center and has no financial relationships with a commercial interest.
All relevant relationships have been mitigated.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.