2020 eContouring for Head and Neck Cancer Case Library
This course will provide education about defining clinical target volumes and their precise delineation in common clinical circumstances. The course will review the prescribed radiation doses recommended for various anatomic sites and clinical scenarios within the head and neck region, define which are the critical organs whose doses should be controlled, and review tradeoffs in doses to clinical targets versus organs at risk and provide a framework to address these tradeoffs. Contouring of clinical target volumes and critical organs at risk will be completed by participants prior to session and will be reviewed by the presenters and discussed.
This program is designed to meet the interest of radiation oncologists, physicists, radiation therapists, and radiation dosimetrists and radiation oncology residents.
- Define clinical target volumes and recommend prescription doses.
- Outline organs at risk and recommend tolerance doses.
- Optimize tradeoffs of target versus organ doses.
- Andrew Bayley, MD, is employed at Princess Margaret Cancer Center and has no financial relationships with a commercial interest.
- Tabby Kennedy, MD is employed at the Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics (Madison) and has no financial relationships with a commercial interest.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education and CME/MOC Committees had control over the content of this activity.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
To claim PQI for this course, please download the eContouring PQI Template before you begin this course and follow the instructions.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
ASTRO members must log in to the ASTRO website to view and receive the discounted member rate.
- Nonmember: $149
- Member: $99
No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for those participants who, for any reason, have not completed the course by the end of the qualification date. The qualification date for each course is listed in the course catalog on the ASTRO website under availability.
Participants using ASTRO's online courses to satisfy the requirement of a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program should verify the number, type and availability dates of any course before making a purchase. No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for participants who have purchased courses that do not align with their MOC requirement.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website for that 2 year period regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Up-to-date Flash Player. You can update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
IOS and Android Tablets are not supported.