2020 eContouring for CNS Cancer Case Library
Accurate contouring of both tumors and critical avoidance structures improves tumor control and side effect profile. IGRT, SRS, and other techniques that minimize margin and take advantage of sharp dose fall-off, are unforgiving of inaccuracies in target and critical structure definition. Reliable and valid contouring based on sound oncologic principles is vital. This course is designed to review the fundamental principles of using contouring and treatment planning of high and low grade glioma, high and low grade meningioma, post-resection SRS cavity contouring and hippocampal avoidance WBRT. This course will include how to choose best advanced imaging in the routine treatment of these diverse yet site specific lesions.
This activity is available from April 14, 2020, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on April 13, 2023.
This program is designed to meet the interest of radiation oncologists, radiation physicists radiation therapists, radiation dosimetrists, and radiation oncology residents.
- Accurately identify GTV CTV and PTV for primary brain tumors
- Accurately define the avoidance structure for hippocampal avoiding WBRT
- Distinguish post operative cavity at risk from surgical tract and be able to apply appropriate PTV margins.
- Stephanie Weiss, MD is a radiation oncologist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and is affiliated with one hospital.
- Lawrence R. Kleinberg, MD is a radiation oncologist in Baltimore, Maryland and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education and CME/MOC Committees had control over the content of this activity.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
To claim PQI for this course, please download the eContouring PQI Template before you begin this course and follow the instructions.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
ASTRO members must log in to the ASTRO website to view and receive the discounted member rate.
- Nonmember: $149
- Member: $99
No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for those participants who, for any reason, have not completed the course by the end of the qualification date. The qualification date for each course is listed in the course catalog on the ASTRO website under availability.
Participants using ASTRO's online courses to satisfy the requirement of a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program should verify the number, type and availability dates of any course before making a purchase. No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for participants who have purchased courses that do not align with their MOC requirement.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website for that 2 year period regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Up-to-date Flash Player. You can update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
IOS and Android Tablets are not supported.