Prostate - Refresher 2020
This course will review the new data and standard of care for each disease state of prostate cancer. It will start with very low risk disease and go through intermediate risk, high risk, locally advanced, node positive, oligometastatic, and post-operative and will describe what the presenter would do for each situation.
This activity is available from March 30, 2020, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on March 29, 2023.
This activity was originally recorded during ASTRO’s 2020 Annual Refresher Live Interactive Virtual Conference, March 20-22, 2020.
The activity is designed to meet the interests of radiation oncologists and radiation oncology residents.
- Treat oligometastatic prostate cancer with radiation when appropriate.
- Utilize Abiraterone with radiation for prostate cancer when appropriate.
- Hypofractionate radiation for prostate cancer when appropriate.
Paul Nguyen, MD is employed by Dana-Farver/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center and receives research grants from Astellas and Jansen. He is also a consultant for Boston Scientific and Cota.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education and CME/MOC Committees had control over the content of this activity.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 1.50 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- 1.50 SA-CME
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the American Board of Radiology's criteria for a self-assessment activity in the ABR's Maintenance of Certification program. Participation in this course in combination with the successful completion of the corresponding assessment and course evaluation adheres to the guidelines established by the ABR for 1.50 self-assessment credits.
- No refunds, extensions or substitutions will be made for those registrants who, for any reason, were unable to attend or were tardy for the session.
- No credits will be granted and no refunds, exchanges or transfers will be given to those who do not pass.
- ASTRO staff cannot make modifications to your submitted materials.
One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.