Oligometastatic Disease in Community Practice
This activity reviews the various oligometastatic states, existing and upcoming data supporting radiation in appropriately selected patients, intersection of radiation with systemic therapy, and practical applications of radiation treatment delivery with a focus on stereotactic ablative radiation (SABR) techniques. After the activity, providers should have increased comfort in advocating for radiation with oligometastatic patients and greater proficiency of SABR treatment planning and delivery, including any relationship with ongoing or overlapping systemic therapies.
- Patient Advocacy and Radiation Planning Considerations for Oligometastatic Disease
Beant Singh Gill, MD
- Intersection of SRS/SBRT and Immunotherapy
Kamran Ali Ahmed, MD
- Oligopersistent and Oligoprogressive Disease
C. Jillian Tsai, MD, PhD, MS
- Q and A
Christopher Hays Pope, MD
This activity is available from August 22, 2023, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on August 21, 2025.
This activity was originally recorded at the 2022 ASTRO Annual Meeting.
The activity is designed to meet the interests of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiation physicists, dosimetrists and residents.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Advocate to referring providers, patients and insurers about appropriate indications for radiation with oligometastatic disease.
- Assess existing SABR practice patterns in their clinic and implement planning and/or delivery recommendations to elevate patient outcomes.
Beant Singh Gill, MD, is employed by Associates in Radiation Medicine.
Kamran Ali Ahmed, MD, is employed by H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Department of Radiation Oncology. Dr. Ahmed receives research funding from Eli Lilly and Genentech.
C. Jillian Tsai, MD, PhD, MS, is employed by Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. Dr. Tsai receives compensation from Varian Medical, Inc. and serves on the Advisory Board of Varian Medical, Inc. Dr. Tsai also serves on the Advisory Board of Nanobiotix.
Christopher Hays Pope, MD, is employed by CARTI Cancer Center. Dr. Pope serves as Vice President and Partner of Radiology Associates, P.A. (RAPA).
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education Committee had control over the content of this activity. All relevant relationships have been mitigated.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
ASTRO members must log in to the ASTRO website to view and receive the member rate.
Student/Grad Student/PGY: $49
Postdoctoral Fellow: $49
No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for those participants who, for any reason, have not completed the course by the end of the qualification date. The qualification date for each course is listed in the course catalog on the ASTRO website under availability.
Participants using ASTRO's online courses to satisfy the requirement of a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program should verify the number, type and availability dates of any course before making a purchase. No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for participants who have purchased courses that do not align with their MOC requirement.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website until August 21, 2025, regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.