Factors Associated with Reconstruction Failure and Major Complications Following Post-Mastectomy Radiation to a Reconstructed Breast
This journal activity provides practitioners with the knowledge about standard techniques and doses for the treatment of post-mastectomy breast radiotherapy in the setting of a reconstructed breast.
Please visit https://www.practicalradonc.org/article/S1879-8500(22)00325-3/fulltext to read the related journal article online.
This activity is available from March 1, 2023, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on February 28, 2025.
This course is designed to meet the interest of radiation oncologists and radiation oncology residents.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the role of radiotherapy for post-mastectomy breast cancer.
- Describe specifically the factors associated with reconstruction failure following post-mastectomy radiation to a reconstructed breast.
- Describe specifically the factors associated with major complications following post-mastectomy radiation to a reconstructed breast.
Robert Amdur, MD has no financial relationships with a commercial interest.
Ashesh Jani, MD is employed by Emory University and has no financial relationships with a commercial interest.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, Education Committee had control over the content of this activity.
All relevant relationships have been mitigated.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Journal-based CME activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
ASTRO members must log in to the ASTRO website to view and receive the discounted member rate.
- Nonmember: $49
- Member: $0
No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for those participants who, for any reason, have not completed the course by the end of the qualification date. The qualification date for each course is listed in the course catalog on the ASTRO website under availability.
Participants using ASTRO's online courses to satisfy the requirement of a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program should verify the number, type and availability dates of any course before making a purchase. No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for participants who have purchased courses that do not align with their MOC requirement.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website for that 2 year period regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.