MRI Guided Radiation Therapy
This activity will focus on the current state of the art of MR guided radiation therapy. Specifically I will aim to present an overview of different technologies that are used for MR guidance. Finally opportunities and challenges of MR guidance will be presented.
The activity is designed to meet the interests of practicing radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents, medical and clinical physicists, nurses and all other health professionals involved in the field of radiation oncology.
Upon completion of this live activity, attendees should be able to do the following:
1. Outline the potential benefits of real-time MR guidance.
2. Recognize novel research questions that are being addressed with MR guidance.
3. Describe challenges of MR guidance.
William Hall, MD, is employed by Medical College of Wisconsin and receives compensation/remuneration/funding from Elekta.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.