ASTRO ROCKS: Entrepreneurship in Radiation Oncology
In this Research-Oriented Career Knowledge and Support (ROCKS) web session, we will hear from four successful entrepreneurs with radiation oncology backgrounds. We will learn the opportunities and barriers associated with starting your own company. We will hear from founders of companies the paths they took to starting their own companies and the practical steps they took along the way. We will gain inspiration to begin our own entrepreneurial journeys.
Please fill out the pre-session survey here (https://astro.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ewUwoyDkR7AnMYm) to help us better tailor this ROCKS session for your benefits
This activity is available from July 27, 2023, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on July 26, 2026.
The target audience is anyone interested in entrepreneurship and starting their own company. This includes medical students, residents, fellows, junior and senior faculty and everyone in between.
At the end of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe four examples of entrepreneurship within radiation oncology.
- Understand how to overcome barriers to entrepreneurship in radiation oncology.
- Gain practical insights as to the benefits of entrepreneurship within radiation oncology.
- Marc Mendonca PhD, Director of Radiation and Cancer Biology and Associate Vice Chancellor for Research, Indiana University School of Medicine
Speakers (in alphabetical order by last name):
- Ranjit Bindra MD, PhD, Professor, Yale School of Medicine
- Joanne Weidhaas MD, PhD, Professor, UCLA
- Javier Torres-Roca, MD, Professor, Moffit Cancer Center
- Samuel Mazin,PhD, Founder and CTO, RefleXion Medical
Questions can be directed to Science@ASTRO.org.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintence of Certification.
- 1.50 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 0.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website for that 3 year period regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.