ASTRO-NRG co-sponsored ROCKS: Developing Cooperative Group Trials and Increasing Diversity in Clinical Trials
In this Research-Oriented Career Knowledge and Support (ROCKS) web session, we will discuss the practical approaches to develop cooperative group trials and increase diversity in clinical trials. Dr. Gondi will speak on how radiation oncologists can become more involved in developing clinical trials through NRG Oncology and how to develop clinical trials. Dr. McNeill will discuss how to increase diversity and inclusion in clinical trial development. Dr. Machtay and Dr. Yeboa will moderate and field questions from the audience.
Please fill out a pre-session survey here (https://astro.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7WLy2DzNtVFf0Hk) to help us better tailor this ROCKS for your benefits.”
This activity is available from March 01, 2023, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on February 28, 2026.
Medical students, residents, fellows, and faculty interested in clinician-scientist/physician-scientist careers in radiation oncology.
- Debra Nana Yeboa, MD (Associate Professor, CNS Radonc Section Research Director, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center)
- Mitchell Machtay, MD (Associate Dean for Clinical Cancer Research, Penn State College of Medicine)
Speakers (in alphabetical order by last name):
- Vinai Gondi, MD (NRG Oncology Early Career New Investigators Committee Chair, Health System Clinician of Radiation Oncology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine)
- Lorna H. McNeill, PhD, MPH (Professor and Chair, Department of Health Disparities, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center)
Questions can be directed to Science@ASTRO.org.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintence of Certification.
- 1.50 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 0.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website for that 3 year period regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.