2023 Coding and Coverage Seminar onDemand
This activity is available from January 31, 2024, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on March 15, 2024.
The ASTRO Coding and Coverage Seminar is designed to provide information to ASTRO members (radiation oncologists, radiation physicists, dosimetrists, radiation therapists), coding professionals and practice administrators on the topic of CPT codes and coverage within radiation oncology. The code set within radiation oncology is very complex and reflects ongoing changes due to changes in health care policies, private and public payer coverage determinations, and national correct coding edits and modalities within the practice of radiation oncology. Correct coding reflects collaboration between the radiation oncology clinical team, but also between professional coders and practice administrators. Correct coding has widespread impacts on code development and valuation, which could potentially have long-term effects on coverage and reimbursements for all members in the radiation oncology community. The ASTRO Coding and Coverage Seminar will address these topics, strengthening the knowledge and practice of clinical coding within the specialty of radiation oncology.
- Radiation Oncology Landscape and Prior Authorization (Supervision, Prior Authorization, Intro to ROCR, E/M Refresher)
- 3D and IMRT
- Brachytherapy and SRS/SBRT
- Proton Therapy and Radiopharmaceuticals
This activity was originally recorded at the 2023 Coding and Coverage Seminar.
This activity is designed to meet the interests of radiation oncologists, physicists, radiation therapists, radiation dosimetrists, practice administrators, certified coders and professional coders.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the process of code development and the significance it holds for correct coding in radiation oncology.
- Demonstrate accurate coding of several clinical case studies across multiple radiation oncology modalities.
- Explain the significance of advocacy and ASTRO’s advocacy efforts within radiation oncology.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education Committee had control over the content of this activity. All relevant relationships have been mitigated.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.50 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
ASTRO members must log in to the ASTRO website to view and receive the member rate.
Student/Grad Student/PGY: $100*
*Residents and Students can join ASTRO for free to receive the discounted rates.
Membership Application: https://www.astro.org/MyAstro/MyProfile/Membership-Application
No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for those participants who, for any reason, have not completed the course by the end of the qualification date. The qualification date for each course is listed in the course catalog on the ASTRO website under availability.
Participants using ASTRO's online courses to satisfy the requirement of a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program should verify the number, type and availability dates of any course before making a purchase. No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for participants who have purchased courses that do not align with their MOC requirement.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website until March 15, 2024, regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.