2023 Coding and Coverage Seminar - 3D and IMRT
This activity is available from January 31, 2024, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on March 15, 2024.
Participants will learn the differences as it related to clinical work and coding for forward planning, inverse planning, compensators, and the “Choosing Wisely” criteria. Currently, there is a knowledge gap in coding regarding the differences between 3D and IMRT.
This activity was originally recorded at the 2023 Coding and Coverage Seminar.
This activity is designed to meet the interests of radiation oncologists, physicists, radiation therapists, radiation dosimetrists, practice administrators, certified coders and professional coders.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the differences in coding for forward planning and inverse planning for IMRT courses of treatment.
- Identify codes that are included in the work for CPT 77301 and are not separately reimbursable.
- Explain the intricacies of a 3D plan and how it differs from an isodose plan.
- Properly use and code for image guidance associated with these plans.
Constantine Mantz, MD, FASTRO, is employed by Genesis Care.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education Committee had control over the content of this activity. All relevant relationships have been mitigated.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
ASTRO members must log in to the ASTRO website to view and receive the member rate.
Student/Grad Student/PGY: $35*
*Residents and Students can join ASTRO for free to receive the discounted rates.
Membership Application: https://www.astro.org/MyAstro/MyProfile/Membership-Application
No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for those participants who, for any reason, have not completed the course by the end of the qualification date. The qualification date for each course is listed in the course catalog on the ASTRO website under availability.
Participants using ASTRO's online courses to satisfy the requirement of a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program should verify the number, type and availability dates of any course before making a purchase. No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for participants who have purchased courses that do not align with their MOC requirement.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website until March 15, 2024, regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.