2022 Annual Meeting - Challenging Cases in Breast Cancer: Rare Breast Cancer Histologies and Presentations
A panel of breast radiation oncology, surgical oncology, medical oncology, and pathology will discuss the following rare histologies/breast cancer presentations:
1) Pleomorphic LCIS- diagnosis and differential (path) appropriate margin width (surgeon), role of adjuvant radiation (rad onc), role for endocrine therapy (med onc).
2) Phyllodes tumor- diagnosis and differential (path), surgical management (surg onc), adjuvant RT (rad onc) - discuss NRG trial on Phyllodes as part of panel.
3) Male breast cancer- mastectomy vs. breast conservation (surgery), use of genomic scores like oncotype, tamoxifen vs. AI, (med onc), role of adjuvant radiation and how it differs from women (rad onc).
4) Metaplastic breast cancer: mastectomy vs. breast conservation and optimal margin width (surg onc), systemic therapy, endocrine therapy and more targeted agents (med onc), adjuvant RT (rad onc).
The activity is designed to meet the interests of radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, surgeons, nurses, pathologists and radiation oncology residents.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the literature that exists (and does not exist) with regard to these rarer entities.
- Better manage rare histologies with input from experts in the field.
Naamit Gerber, MD is employed at Department of Radiation Oncology, NYU Langone Health, New York, NY and receives compensation/remuneration/funding from Group dynamics, Invus LLC.
Jorge Reis-Filho, MD is employed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY and receives compensation/remuneration/funding from Grupo Oncoclinicas, Paige.AI, Repare Therapeutics, Eli Lilly, Personalis, Volition RX.
Wendy Woodward, MD is employed at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX and receives compensation/remuneration/funding from Epic Sciences.
Kandace McGuire, MD is employed at Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, VA and has no financial relationships with a commercial interest.
Jose Pablo Leone, MD is employed at Dana Farber, Boston, MA and receives compensation/remuneration/funding from Kazia Therapeutics, Minerva Biotechnologies.
Kiri Cook, MD is employed at Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR and has no financial relationships with a commercial interest.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education Committee had control over the content of this activity. All relevant relationships have been mitigated.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 1.25 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- 1.25 SA-CME
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) designates this for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the American Board of Radiology's criteria for a self-assessment activity in the ABR's Maintenance of Certification program. Participation in this course in combination with the successful completion of the corresponding assessment and course evaluation adheres to the guidelines established by the ABR for 1.25 self-assessment credits.
• No refunds, extensions or substitutions will be made for those registrants who, for any reason, were unable to attend or were tardy for the session.
• No credits will be granted and no refunds, exchanges or transfers will be given to those who do not pass.
• ASTRO staff cannot make modifications to your submitted materials.
One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.