2020 eContouring for Oligometastatic SBRT Case Library
This course will involve the collaboration of three radiation oncologists with expertise in spine and lung SBRT. We will review the anatomy of the lung and spine including adjacent critical structures. With regards to the spine, we will review details of target delineation for intact vertebral bodies and then apply these same concepts to target delineation for post-operative spine SBRT in our example case. For the lung, we will review the chest anatomy and contouring technique of a central/ultracentral lung tumor. Throughout the course, existing consensus contouring guidelines for spinal metastases will be reviewed. Relevant guidelines for early stage lung cancer lung SBRT will be reviewed with reference to lung oligometastases. The attendees will be provided with the cases as homework prior to the meeting. We will review contouring homework and discuss areas of consensus and controversy. Finally we will review our contours for the same cases and allow students to revise their contours with input from the presenters. Review of select audience contours in comparison to the expert contours will be performed for the purposes of teaching and discussion of acceptable vs. unacceptable deviations.
This activity is available from April 14, 2020, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on April 13, 2023.
This program is designed to meet the interest of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, physicists, radiation dosimetrists, and radiation oncology residents.
- Identify the anatomic compartments of the spine and apply this knowledge to contour the CTV and PTV for SBRT to both intact and post-operative spine metastases
- Delineate the spinal cord avoidance structure and understand the importance of precise contouring of this organ at risk
- Contour centrally locally lung metastasis and identify the appropriate organs-at-risk in the thorax.
- Kristin J. Redmond, MD is a radiation oncologist in Baltimore, Maryland and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area.
- Gregory M. Videtic, MA is a radiation oncologist in Cleveland, Ohio and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education and CME/MOC Committees had control over the content of this activity.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
To claim PQI for this course, please download the eContouring PQI Template before you begin this course and follow the instructions.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
ASTRO members must log in to the ASTRO website to view and receive the discounted member rate.
- Nonmember: $149
- Member: $99
No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for those participants who, for any reason, have not completed the course by the end of the qualification date. The qualification date for each course is listed in the course catalog on the ASTRO website under availability.
Participants using ASTRO's online courses to satisfy the requirement of a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program should verify the number, type and availability dates of any course before making a purchase. No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for participants who have purchased courses that do not align with their MOC requirement.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website for that 2 year period regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Up-to-date Flash Player. You can update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
IOS and Android Tablets are not supported.