2020 eContouring for Gynecologic Cancer Case Library
The increased conformality of planning techniques such as IMRT and VMAT make thoughtful, careful identification of anatomy and delineation of targets critical for good outcomes. The course will feature two radiation oncologists specialized in gynecologic cancer at NCI designated cancer centers, with additional technical and faculty support staff planned. We will provide cases for contouring prior to the course, and use these as teaching points as we review normal pelvic anatomy on CT and MRI imaging, including a brachytherapy patients with applicators in place.
This activity is available from April 14, 2020, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on April 13, 2023.
This program is designed to meet the interest of radiation oncologists and radiation oncology residents.
- Apply improved anatomical understanding of pelvis in intact and post-operative settings.
- Demonstrate contouring for external beam cases.
- Contour high risk CTV and normal anatomy for brachytherapy patients.
- Christine Fisher, MD is a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon, specializing in breast reconstruction and cosmetic surgery in Austin, Texas.
- Akila Viswanathan, MD is a radiation oncologist in Baltimore, Maryland and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education and CME/MOC Committees had control over the content of this activity.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
To claim PQI for this course, please download the eContouring PQI Template before you begin this course and follow the instructions.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
ASTRO members must log in to the ASTRO website to view and receive the discounted member rate.
- Nonmember: $149
- Member: $99
No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for those participants who, for any reason, have not completed the course by the end of the qualification date. The qualification date for each course is listed in the course catalog on the ASTRO website under availability.
Participants using ASTRO's online courses to satisfy the requirement of a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program should verify the number, type and availability dates of any course before making a purchase. No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for participants who have purchased courses that do not align with their MOC requirement.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website for that 2 year period regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Up-to-date Flash Player. You can update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
IOS and Android Tablets are not supported.