2020 eContouring for Gastrointestinal Cancer Case Library
Knowledge of radiotherapy target volume delineation is crucial for accurate and effective delivery of radiotherapy for tumors of pancreatic and anorectal tumors. IMRT is being increasingly employed. This requires more in-depth knowledge anatomy and organs at risk.This course will cover the basics of abdominal and pelvic anatomy and techniques to delivery radiotherapy more focally by incorporating motion management options. Given the common role of radiotherapy in the management of pancreatic and anorectal malignancies, detailed knowledge of treatment design is critical.
This program is designed to meet the interest of radiation oncologists, radiation dosimetrists, and radiation oncology residents.
- Identify basic anatomy of the abdomen and pelvis and appearance of pancreatic, rectal adenocarcinoma, and anal squamous cell carcinoma as seen on imaging studies.
- Identify common sites of recurrence for pancreatic, rectal and anal cancer and recognize the imaging appearances of these recurrences.
- Improve radiation therapy delivery through understanding the contouring recommendations for target volumes, for pancreatic and rectal cancer in the preoperative setting, pancreatic cancer in the postoperative setting, and anal cancer in the definitive setting.
- Employ imaging, treatment planning and treatment delivery techniques to account for respiratory motion for pancreatic malignancies.
- Salma Jabbour, MD is a radiation oncologist in New Brunswick, New Jersey and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area.
- Manisha Palta, MD is a radiation oncologist in Durham, North Carolina and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education and CME/MOC Committees had control over the content of this activity.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
To claim PQI for this course, please download the eContouring PQI Template before you begin this course and follow the instructions.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
ASTRO members must log in to the ASTRO website to view and receive the discounted member rate.
- Nonmember: $149
- Member: $99
No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for those participants who, for any reason, have not completed the course by the end of the qualification date. The qualification date for each course is listed in the course catalog on the ASTRO website under availability.
Participants using ASTRO's online courses to satisfy the requirement of a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program should verify the number, type and availability dates of any course before making a purchase. No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for participants who have purchased courses that do not align with their MOC requirement.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website for that 2 year period regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Up-to-date Flash Player. You can update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
IOS and Android Tablets are not supported.