This course is a part of the Faculty Fundamentals Training Series created for ASTRO presenters. It offers an overview of the main presentation components and how best they can be applied to create a solid structure and an effective flow of the content slides. The goal of this training is to help speakers prepare and organize their presentations following recommended best practices and ASTRO guidelines.
Printable guidelines on how to organize content and which components are essential to include in a presentation are also included.
The course is created to meet the interests of radiation oncologists, medical and clinical physicists, nurses, and all other health professionals involved in the field of radiation oncology who present at educational events.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the main structural components of a presentation.
- Utilize all required elements to create a well-structured presentation.
- Apply best practices recommended for organizing a presentation.
Teodora Hristov, Instructional Designer, ASTRO Staff.
Slide examples are provided courtesy of Dr. Russell Hales MD, Johns Hopkins Medicine.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education and Education Committee had control over the content of this activity. All relevant relationships have been mitigated.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
A browser pop-up blocker may prevent from a proper launch of the content presentation. Deactivate the pop-up blocker or open the course in a different browser to resolve the issue.
• No refunds, extensions or substitutions will be made for those registrants who, for any reason, were unable to attend or were tardy for the session.
• No credits will be granted and no refunds, exchanges or transfers will be given to those who do not pass.
• ASTRO staff cannot make modifications to your submitted materials.
One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.