This course addresses the best of GU abstracts as follows:
- Salvage Low Dose Rate Prostate Brachytherapy: Clinical Outcomes of a Phase II Trial for Local Recurrence after External Beam Radiotherapy (NRG/RTOG -0526)
- Short-Term Adjuvant versus Neoadjuvant Hormone Therapy in Localized Prostate Cancer: A Pooled Individual Patient Analysis of Two Randomized Phase 3 Trials
- Relugolix, A Novel Oral GnRH Receptor Antagonist, versus Leuprolide Depot for Prostate Cancer: The HERO Phase 3 Trial
- STEREOTACTIC RADIOTHERAPY FOR OLIGOPROGRESSION IN METASTATIC KIDNEY CANCER PATIENTS RECEIVING TYROSINE KINASE INHIBITOR THERAPY: A PROSPECTIVE PHASE II MULTI-CENTRE STUDY
- Bladder Preservation with Twice-Daily Radiation plus 5-Flourouracil/Cisplatin or Daily Radiation plus Gemcitabine for MIBC – Updated Results of NRG/RTOG 0712: A Randomized Phase 2 Trial
- Five-Year Toxicity After EBRT For Localized Prostate Cancer With or Without a Simultaneously Integrated Focal Boost up to 95Gy: Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial
- An Updated Analysis of Survival Endpoints for ASCENDE-RT, a Randomized Trial Comparing a Low-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy Boost to a Dose-Escalated External Beam Boost for High- and Intermediate-risk Prostate Cancer
- Ultra-Hypofractionated versus Conventionally Fractionated Radiation Therapy Boost for Patients with High-Risk, Localized Prostate Cancer: A 5-Year Results from Randomized HYPO-PROST Trial
- Initial Report of a Randomized Trial Comparing Conventional- vs Conventional plus Fluciclovine (18F) PET/CT Imaging-Guided Post-Prostatectomy Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer
The course is designed to meet the interests of practicing radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents, medical and clinical physicists, surgeons, physicists, nurses, diagnostic radiologists, pathologists, radiation therapists, radiation dosimetrists, and all other health professionals involved in the field of radiation oncology.
Upon completion of this activity, learners should be able to do the following:
- Choose a preferred method of dose escalation for patients with intermediate and high risk prostate cancer.
- Assess how best to integrate short term androgen deprivation with radiation therapy for prostate cancer, and evaluate new oral LHRH antagonist.
- Manage patients with local recurrence of prostate cancer being considered for salvage treatment.
- Integrate new information on radiation treatment to manage patients with bladder and kidney cancer.
Gerard Morton, MD is employed by Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and has no other disclosures to declare.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.