This session will provide an overview of basic principles of breast RT and literature that supports one’s practice. A discussion of how to identify appropriate patients for nodal RT and of advanced techniques available will follow. This session will also provide guidance on the application of hypofractionated courses of breast RT in day to day practice.
The activity is designed to meet the interests of radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents, radiation therapists, and radiation dosimetrists.
- Provide appropriate RT for early stage and locally advanced breast cancer
- Explore data to support shorter course RT for patients allowing for cost effective and convenient treatment
- Apply regional nodal RT when appropriate
Shannon MacDonald, MD is employed by Massachusetts General Hospital and has no financial relationships with a commercial interest.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Education and CME/MOC Committees had control over the content of this activity.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 1.50 SA-CME
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the American Board of Radiology's criteria for a self-assessment activity in the ABR's Maintenance of Certification program. Participation in this course in combination with the successful completion of the corresponding assessment and course evaluation adheres to the guidelines established by the ABR for 1.50 self-assessment credits.
- 1.50 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- No refunds, extensions or substitutions will be made for those registrants who, for any reason, were unable to attend or were tardy for the session.
- No credits will be granted and no refunds, exchanges or transfers will be given to those who do not pass.
- ASTRO staff cannot make modifications to your submitted materials.
One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.