ASTRO Annual Refresher Course - 2016
March 11-13, 2016
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, La Jolla, California
This course is designed to provide clinicians in practice and trainees with a comprehensive review and update of the clinical practice parameters across most sub-disciplines of radiation oncology. The course will review key evidence that forms the basis for current clinical practice guidelines and trends in new approaches that may be paradigm shifting areas. Additionally, the course will cover basic and applied radiobiological and physics principles that are relevant to and may explain results being obtained with current clinical practices.
The meeting is designed to meet the interests of practicing radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents, medical and clinical physicists, nurses and all other health professionals involved in the field of radiation oncology.
Upon completion of this live activity, attendees should be able to do the following:
- Increase competence through interactive, didactic lectures in the following core areas: breast, head and neck, lymphomas, sarcoma, quality and safety, prostate, gynecologic, gastrointestinal, radiobiology, pediatric, lung and central nervous system malignancies.
- Connect radiation physics, radiobiology, safety and quality to the clinical sessions.
- Keep radiation oncologists abreast of the rapidly changing areas in the radiation sciences.
- Provide insight into how technology may impact radiation therapy.
- Examine the biological effects of exposure to ionizing radiation.
- Provide a great opportunity for review prior to ABR exams in 2016.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ASTRO designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 17.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this [node:field-accme-data:field-ama-learning-format] for a maximum of 17.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 17.50 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 17.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.