Annual Meeting - 2020
2020 Annual Meeting
October 24-November 30, 2020
ASTRO’S Annual Meeting is the premier radiation oncology scientific event in the world and draws more than 11,000 attendees each year. The 2020 Annual Meeting showcased the unique ability of radiation to cure cancer. We emphasized new scientific discoveries and how to translate these new findings into clinical applications, and opportunities for cure. The meeting program continued to spotlight the importance of palliation and supportive care.
This continuing medical education activity is designed to meet the interests of radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents, radiation biologists, radiation physicists, dosimetrists, oncologists working in related specialties, radiation therapists, radiation oncology nurses, radiation oncology administrators, diagnostic radiologists and all other health professionals involved in the field of radiation oncology.
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Examine the advances in radiation oncology technology that help improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
- Employ quality and safety measures in the delivery of radiation therapy.
- Demonstrate the value of radiation oncology to patients, referring physicians and the public.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ASTRO designates this live activity for a maximum of 221.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for a maximum of 208.55 medical physics continuing education credits (MPCEC) by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs (CAMPEP).
This activity has been approved for 133.5 MDCB credits by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board.
MDCB credits can only be earned for sessions viewed during live meeting dates, October 24-28, 2020.
This activity has been approved for 75.25 Category A CE credit by the American Society for Radiologic Technologists.
ASRT credits can only be earned for sessions viewed during live meeting dates, October 24-October 28, 2020.
This activity is no approved for nursing CEUs.
- 221.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Live activity for a maximum of 221.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 221.50 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 221.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.