Advocacy Day - 2018
2018 Advocacy Day
June 25-26, 2018
Washington Court Hotel, Washington, DC
Advocacy Day provides the opportunity for radiation oncologists to learn about important policy issues facing the field of radiation oncology and the overall health care system and apply that knowledge to their practice. Participants learn from experienced policymakers and legislative experts about issues including, patient safety, Medicare physician payments, physician self-referral, cancer research and new health care policies on the horizon. Radiation oncologists come away from this meeting with an understanding of federal legislative issues and how they affect the field of radiation oncology.
This meeting is designed to meet the interests of radiation oncologists, physicists, nurses, radiation therapists and radiation dosimetrists.
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Explain current and future Medicare payment reform initiatives related to the practice of radiation oncology.
- Outline current and potential legislation related to the practice of radiation oncology, Medicare physician reimbursements, insurance reform, source security and cancer research.
- Effectively summarize the federal issues and specific legislation that has an effect on the practice of radiation oncology.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ASTRO designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this [node:field-accme-data:field-ama-learning-format] for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.75 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.