2023 eContouring for Liver Cancer - Case Library
This course reviews the practical aspects of liver contouring. Attendees will be able to practice contouring liver tumors and relevant organs at risk (OAR) both prior to the lecture and after to evaluate self-improvement. It will review the challenges in identifying the gross target volumes and OARs, as well as common pitfalls.
The lecture for this course was recorded at the 2023 ASTRO Annual Refresher Course.
This program is designed to meet the interest of radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents and radiation therapists.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Correctly identify organs-at-risk in the upper abdomen including those not routinely contoured, such as the common bile duct.
- Delineate the gross tumor volume (GTV) for different types of tumors including hepatocellular carcinoma and liver metastases.
- Understand the common pitfalls in upper abdominal contouring and how to avoid them.
Jelena Lukovic, MD, MPH, is employed by Princess Margaret Cancer Center, University Health Network and has no financial relationships with a commercial interest.
The person(s) above served as the developer(s) of this activity. Additionally, the Annual Refresher Course Planning Committee had control over the content of this activity.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
ASTRO is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology to provide SA-CME as part of Part II Maintenance of Certification.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
No refunds, extensions, or substitutions will be made for those participants who, for any reason, have not completed the course by the end of the qualification date. The qualification date for each course is listed in the course catalog on the ASTRO website under availability.
The course and its materials will only be available on the ASTRO website for that 2 year period regardless of purchase date. At the expiration of the qualification, participants will no longer have access to the course or its materials. ASTRO reserves the right to remove a course before the end of its qualification period.
One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.