2023 ASTRO Annual Refresher Course
Please complete the evaluation/claim CME by Monday, May 29, 2023. The evaluation will be closed after this date.
This course is designed to provide clinicians in practice and trainees with a comprehensive review and update of the clinical practice parameters across most major sub-disciplines of radiation oncology, including sarcomas, pediatrics and lymphomas, and the role of radiotherapy in the multidisciplinary management of cancer patients. The course will review key evidence that forms the basis for current clinical practice guidelines and trends in new approaches. In addition, the course will cover implementation of hypofractionation in key disease sites as well as treatment of oligometastases and use of SBRT to improve outcomes for patients with metastatic disease. It will also provide hands-on experience in contouring for lung, prostate and liver. It will also inform on the emerging field of theranostics and the use of radiopharmaceuticals in the treatment of select patients with cancer.
The meeting is designed to meet the interests of practicing radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents, medical and clinical physicists, nurses and all other health professionals involved in the field of radiation oncology.
Upon completion of this live activity, attendees should be able to do the following:
- Describe and implement the latest radiation therapy treatment recommendations for clinical scenarios commonly encountered in clinical practice.
- Safely utilize the latest radiation technologies to improve patient care.
- Incorporate hypofractionation into appropriate disease sites.
- Appropriately and safely incorporate the treatment of oligometastases into clinical practice.
- Understand the value of radiopharmaceuticals in the care of patients with cancer and the role that radiation oncologists may have in this practice.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ASTRO designates this live activity for a maximum of 22.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME certificates of credit are only available to participants who have completed the online evaluation tool.
This activity has been approved for a maximum of 22.75 Medical Physics Continuing Education Credits (MPCEC) by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Program (CAMPEP).
Physicist attendees will receive a confirmation certificate of credit from ASTRO. The names of physicist attendees will be sent to CAMPEP 45 days after the meeting. Your official certificate will be available from CAMPEP. Attendees must complete the evaluation by May 29, 2023, to have their credits sent to CAMPEP. ASTRO will not send credits to CAMPEP for evaluations completed after that date.
- 22.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this for a maximum of 22.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 22.75 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 22.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- 22.75 CAMPEPThis activity has been approved for 22.75 medical physics continuing education credits (MPCEC) by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs (CAMPEP).
Please only evaluate the sessions you attended.
CME certificates of credit are only available to participants who have completed the online evaluation tool. Participants will have online access to their certificate upon completion of the evaluation. Participants can access, print and save their certificate from ASTRO Academy.