2021 ASTRO Annual Refresher Course
This course is designed to provide clinicians in practice and trainees with a comprehensive review and update of the clinical practice parameters across most sub-disciplines of radiation oncology. The course will review key evidence that forms the basis for current clinical practice guidelines and trends in new approaches that may be paradigm shifting areas. Additionally, the course will cover basic and applied radiobiological and physics principles that are relevant to and may explain results being obtained with current clinical practices.
The meeting is designed to meet the interests of practicing radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents, medical and clinical physicists, nurses and all other health professionals involved in the field of radiation oncology.
Upon completion of this live activity, attendees should be able to do the following:
- Describe and implement the latest radiation therapy treatment recommendations for clinical scenarios commonly encountered in clinical practice.
- Apply the latest radiation technologies to improve patient care.
- Understand the potential of FLASH radiotherapy to decrease normal tissue toxicity.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education to physicians.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ASTRO designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME certificates of credit are only available to participants who have completed the online evaluation tool.
This activity has been approved for a maximum of 16.75 Medical Physics Continuing Education Credits (MPCEC) by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Program (CAMPEP).
Physicist attendees will receive a confirmation certificate of credit from ASTRO. The names of physicist attendees will be sent to CAMPEP 45 days after the meeting. Your official certificate will be available from CAMPEP. Attendees must complete the evaluation by April 20, 2021 to have their credits sent to CAMPEP. ASTRO will not send credits to CAMPEP for evaluations completed after that date.
- 17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians. ASTRO designates this Live activity for a maximum of 17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 17.75 Certificate of AttendanceThis activity was designated for 17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- 17.75 CAMPEPThis activity has been approved for 17.75 medical physics continuing education credits (MPCEC) by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs (CAMPEP).
Please only evaluate the sessions you attended.
CME certificates of credit are only available to participants who have completed the online evaluation tool. Participants will have online access to their certificate upon completion of the evaluation. Participants can access, print and save their certificate from ASTRO Academy.